Geopolymer concrete technology has the potential to reduce globally the carbon emission and lead to a sustainable development and growth of the concrete industry. The influence of alkaline activators on the strength and durability properties has been studied. Sodium Hydroxide is available in plenty and Sodium hydroxides, both were added by the 1:2.5 ratio as alkaline activators along with sodium silicate at varying temperature in the preparation of geopolymer concrete. Fly ash was procured from a local thermal power station. Durability test were performed. The results indicate that the combination of the above constituents at ambient curing has a positive impact on the strength and durability properties of geopolymer concrete.
M. Poojidha, Nirmal Kumar
Geopolymer, concrete, fly ash, alkaline solution, ambient curing, durability test.
- Anuar K.A, Ridzuan A.R.M.,Ismail S (2011), "Strength Characteristics Of Geopolymer Concrete Containing Recycled Concrete Aggregate" International Journal of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Vol. 11, pp. 67-73.
- Anuar.K.A, RidzuanA.R.M, and Ismail S (2011), "Strength Characteristics Of Geopolymer Concrete Containing Recycled Concrete Aggregate" International Journal of Civil & Environmental Engineering , Vol. 11, pp. 391-416.
- Budh C.D and Warhade N.R (2014), "Effect of Molarity on Compressive Strength of Geopolymer Mortar" International Journal of Civil Engineering Research, Vol.5, pp. 83-86.
- Davidovits J (2009), "Properties of geopolymer cements" International conference on alkaline cements and concretes, Vol.6, pp.813-827.
- Debabrata Dutta, Somnath Ghosh. Jadavpur (2014), " Durability Study of Geopolymer Paste Blended with Blast Furnace Slag" IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Vol.11, pp. 73-79.
- Fareed Ahmed Memon, Muhd Fadhil Nuruddin, Sadaqatullah Khan, Nasir Shafiq, Tehmina Ayub (2013) , "Effect of sodium hydroxide concentration on fresh properties and compressive strength of self-compacting geopolymer concrete" Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol. 8, pp.44 – 56.
- Fernando Pacheco-Torgal J.P, Castro-Gomes B, Said Jalali C (2008), "Adhesion Characterization Of Tungsten Mine Waste Geopolymeric Binder" Influence of OPC concrete substrate surface treatment, Construction and Building Material., Vol.3, pp.154–161.
- Hardjito D, Wallah E, Sumajouw D M J, Rangan, B.V (2005), "Introducing Fly Ash-based Geopolymer Concrete :manufacture And Engineering Properties" Curtin University of Technology, Australia. 30th Conference on Our World In Concrete & Structures, Vol.7, pp.23 - 24,.
- Kumaravel S, Girija K (2013) , "Acid and salt resistance of geopolymer concrete with varying concentration of NAOH" Journal of Engineering Research and Studies ,Vol.9, pp.319-323.
- Madheswaran C. K, Gnanasundar G, Gopalakrishnan. N (2013) ,"Effect of molarity in geopolymer concrete" International journal of civil and structural engineering , Vol. 4, pp.106-116.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
M. Poojidha, Nirmal Kumar, "Study on Strength of Geopolymer Concrete in Ambient Curing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.318-321, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173297.php